10 Skincare mistakes to avoid
So you spend most of your earnings on expensive skin care products that you think will keep you ageing like good wine. You do this because psychologically we believe that the more expensive a product is, the more miraculous it will be. However, there are things that you could be doing in your everyday routine that could be damaging your skin without you knowing.
Here are 10 skin care mistakes to avoid to ensure that the wonders of youth stay on your side.
- Stop popping pimples. Everyone breaks out some time or the other, so instead of popping them, use an anti bacterial treatment over the affected area. I generally use tea tree oil and it works like a charm when it comes to drying out those nasties. When you pinch or pop these pimples, you are spreading the bacteria which will eventually lead to larger areas of the face being affected.
- Many people use skin care products that are not suitable for their skin type. Unfortunately many consultants at the retail outlets are trained on selling the products however do not hold a qualification in skincare. So when taking advice on your products, make sure its from a qualified skincare therapist. Using the incorrect products can damage the skin.
- Using dirty makeup brushes is you asking for trouble. Invest in a brush cleaner or wash the brushes regularly to clean any makeup buildup that could be housing bacteria.
- As great as it may feel at the time, taking showers that are too hot dries out the skin, instead opt for luke warm temperatures.
- Not wearing sunscreen everyday.
- Touching the face unnecessarily must stop. Unfortunately we touch any number of things during the course of our daily activity and we don’t always have the opportunity to clean our hands. Touching our face with dirty hands means that we are transferring the bacteria to our skin.
- Avoid using a face cloth when cleansing the face. Face clothes can be quite rough which will lead to tiny microscopic cuts on the skin.
- Exfoliating more that required it the hugest skin care mistake. When you exfoliate the skin, you are stripping the skin of all its natural oils. People who suffer with oily skin feel better when the exfoliate more thinking that they are removing all the sebum. FALSE! The more they exfoliate the more stimulation which means that the skin will only create more oil.
- Going to bed with makeup on is a grave sin. I don’t need to elaborate on this one.
- Avoid keeping hair on the face, especially when you are going to bed, tie your hair back and clip bangs away from the face.