10 Tips to keep you healthy this winter
Winter can be a season of ill health and gloom for many people, however if we learn to take better care of ourselves, we could avoid many of the misfortunes that tend to get triggered by the drop in temperature.
- Prepare your skin for the dry, cold air. Moisturise daily and exfoliate at least weekly.
- House keeping is very important, clean up moulding that may be present. It can trigger nasal congestion, sneezing, coughing and can play havoc if you suffer from asthma.
- Keep exercising, just because the temperature has dropped, it doesn’t mean you should skip out on the exercise. Find alternative forms of exercise or try to find an exercise partner to keep you motivated.
- Was your hands regularly, you will be amazed at the amount of germs we transfer during the day from touching mobile phones, railings or even shaking someones hands. I always keep a waterless hand sanitizer in my hand bag.
- Eat well, stick to green vegetables and protein, comfort food can be very attractive but it is not the right choice. To keep your immune system at its optimum you need to eat healthily.
- Take your Vitamins but this is only to supplement your diet, eat plenty of green and yellow vegetable, these are packed with antioxidants.
- Keep hydrated, drink plenty of water, either cold or warm and add a slice of lemon.
- If you are a smoker, its time to quit. Smokers suffer most during winter with upper respiratory infections.
- If you are susceptible to winter flu, consider getting a flu vaccine.
- Most importantly, REST. Sometimes the body just requires a little down time.