Have you ever wondered, if you could go back in time, what would you do differently. What advice would you give your younger self if you had the chance. I am having hot flushes just sitting here writing this blog thinking about all the mistakes I made in my early life, always having the notion that I knew best. And worst yet thinking I will be forever young. Hmmm… how sadly delusional.
My advice to my younger self :
- School is important and its something we all have to go through, but really, don’t kill yourself. Enjoy your childhood, it only happens once in your life time.
- Its not the end of the world, life will always be filled with ups and downs. Take each at your own stride.
- Exercise girlfriend! That metabolism does not last forever. Try to eat healthy foods and drink water.
- Accept yourself the way you are, you are unique and intentional. Don’t try to fit into society’s moulds. It will damage you more than you will ever know.
- Listen to your parents. They are the only people that will love you unconditionally. You may not understand their actions no, but I promise you, it will all make sense.
- Dont trust everyone, not everyone has good intentions for you. Trust, but be wise.
- Travel, it is only through travel that you open up your mind to possibilities. See the world, and let the world see you.
- Learn to forgive. Holding on to negativity destroys your peace, so forgive not for the other person, but for your own happiness.
- Don’t be too serious about life, laugh as often as you can, but more importantly, learn to laugh at yourself.
- Don’t be afraid to fall in love. Love with all your heart because the most precious feeling is to love and be loved.
- Your heart will be broken…sorry baby girl. But life goes on. Dust off the pain because as God is my witness, the sun always shines again.
- Sometimes bad things happen to good people, don’t worry yourself about making sense of this. Life is such and you can not control it.
- Pray, always pray, live in gratitude.
- Don’t take advice from people that have no idea about what they are talking about.
- Don’t go to bed upset, never allow anything to occupy space in your head that negative.
- And most importantly, you are your own best friend. Live your life the way you want and have no regrets.
How different would life be the second time around?