After traveling the world learning the art of makeup and fashion combined with my knowledge of owning a beauty, makeup and hair school, we decided, together with DigIn Media to create a series of videos that will teach you everything I know.
The first episode is a basic day makeup tutorial that was designed to teach you basic application. This makeup once mastered should take 5 minutes to apply. The basic day makeup look is ideal for women on the go and transitions well from day to evening.
I hope you enjoy and don’t forget to subscribe to our channel.
- Make certain that the face is clean and well mositurised before you begin the makeup application.
- Start the foundation application from the forehead to the chin using a patting motion.
- Use a lighter foundation under the eye, on the chin and forehead.
- Powder the face.
- Begin to neaten the eyebrows, it is day makeup so keep it natural.
- When shaping the eyebrows ensure that the face shape is taking into consideration.
- Make certain that the eyelid is free from any oils.
- Use a medium eyeshadow shade on the lid.
- A darker colour can be used in the crease area.
- Once the eye shadow is blended, line your eyelids.
- In this makeup, I lined the eye a quarter at the top and bottom. This creates more definition at the outer end of the eye.
- Mascara should be applied at this stage.
- I used a brown blusher to contour my cheekbones.
- Line the lips
- Add a shade of lipstick to suit your final look.