The Good Food and Wine Show Township Cookout
The afternoon started of like no other, besides abandoning my car at the side of the road, I hoped onto a bus, yes, a bus in anticipation for my very first township experience. In true Durban weather, the sun shone its very brightest as if teasing me because there was no air-conditioning in the bus. But that did not distract me from what awaited.
Seven celebrity chefs and food personalities who are part of the Food and Wine show eagerly awaited the arrival of media and bloggers who were treated to a cook off at the award winning Cafe Skyzer in Chesterville.
Durban Tourism who are proud platinum partners with Fiera Milano Exhibitions Africa will be hosting the Durban Food and Wine Show.
Meet the Chefs
- Claire Allen is a Cape Town based chef however was originally residing in Dundee in KwaZulu Natal. Claire was an entrant is Master Chef South Africa in 2014, but has since then spent her time travelling the world and learning more about her art. Last year she launched Short Chef Skinny Chef with Siphokazi Mdlankomo.
- Jenny Morris who you may know as the Giggling Gourmet. She has many accolades under her belt including author, radio and TV presenter as well as chef to name but just a few.
- Kamini Pather won the title of Master Chef South Africa in 2013 and has since continued living her food dream.
- Lents Bhengu is a proudly Kwazulu Natal product, after showing keen interest in food enrolled in the Culinary Academy in the Cape Winelands. Lents is a regular MC and chef of food festivals, events and expos.
- Neill Anthony is a Cape Town based private chef who trained in the kitchens of Gordon Ramsay, Marcus Wareing and other big international cooking greats.
- Sherwyn Weaich also known as the Gourmet Bushie has travelled across South Africa and Europe cooking alongside great local and international chefs.
- Siphokazi Mdlankomo who was a domestic worker, stole the hearts of many as she cooked her way to the final of the third season of Master Chef South Africa.
The seven celebrity chefs cook off in Chesterville as part of the Durban Good Food and Wine Show was a great success, not only did we get to meet the chefs, but we got to experience them in action, and the best part was that we got to sample their cooking.
PHOTO CREDIT : 5 STAR DURBAN