As we become more aware of our health, many people have turned their attention away from fast food meals, to a more wholesome home cooked meal.
Fish has always been a dish that is synonymous with healthy eating. I personally love fish however I don’t like the bones that come with it. The best thing then would be to have the fish filleted.
How to fillet a fish
- The first thing you would need to ensure is that the fish is descaled, you can ask the place you purchased the fish to assist with this.
- Cut the stomach open to remove the gut.
- Chop off the head and gills.
- Cut away fins along the sides, top and and underside with scissors.
- Run your fillet knife along the spine from tail to head.
- Run your knife over the rib cage.
- Repeat the procedure on the other side of the fish.
- To debone the fillet use a tweezer or a boning knife.
- Skin the fillet and remove excess belly fat.
For a detailed outlook on filleting a fish, please see video.