Maldives has been on my bucket list for years. Ever since I can remember, I dreamt of the turquoise water and the beautiful coral reefs.
So when I had the opportunity to jump on a plane and strike this alluring place off my incalcuable bucket list, I jumped at it.
Maldives is not just an archipelago of islands, its beauty transcends every place that I have been to and as I sit here harking back to the my fond memories, I wish to share some information with you.
Things you should know about Maldives
- Maldives is a gathering of more than 1,190 Islands, most of the islands are occupied my luxurious resorts.
- Maldives is predominantly Muslim, therefore it is important to note that no alcohol or pork can be brought into the main island. Fear not!!! when you are on the resort, you can consume both.
- The best time to visit Maldives is between June to September although saying that, the weather is pretty consistent throughout the year.
- The most expensive time of the year is during their peak season which is from December to April.
- One of the things that I adored about Maldives is the beautiful coral reefs and the flamboyant fish that whirl around you as you take in all that there is.
- I suppose this is probably the reason why you can get the best snorkelling experiences.
- Lets not forget that you can also swim with the sharks, and oh, there are Manta Rays that can be found chilling in front of your bungalow.
- This is something you should take heed off. Once you get to the resort, you will be amazed at how tiny the islands actually is. I stayed on an island that was 600 m long, so if I stood in the middle of the island I could see everything. Besides the water sports and sun bathing, there was nothing more to do.
- If you are planning a trip to Maldives, its important to remember that it is a very expensive place to holiday, so consider the all inclusive package, some resorts have partial packages as well. You will thank me later.