6 steps to brighter eyes
If you are like the many that don’t possess the large almond shaped eye, then you are probably on the same train in search of the next best way to create the illusion of such an eye. So whether you are genetically predisposed, or just suffering from lack of sleep or a hang over, here are 5 steps to brighter eyes.
- It is important to colour correct the skin around the eyes first before applying foundation. Use concealer to hide anything discolouration that may still be visible. The purpose is to hide any dark circles that may exist.
- The trick is to use a light eyeshadow over the entire eyelid. Light colours open the area whilst dark colours close it. So stay away from dark shades as this will give the illusion that the eye is actually much smaller than it really is.
- Define the eyebrows, making sure to flow the natural line and define the arch. The arch is where the illusion of an open eye is created.
- Highlight the brow bone as well as the inner corners of the eyes. This will attract light giving the desired illusion.
- Use a white eyeliner in the water line of the eyes, this is a makeup trick that all makeup artists use, especially when doing bridal makeup. The white eyeliner not only opens the eye but also makes the white of the eye look brighter.
- Finally curl the lashes and apply mascara for that extra pop.