Dermalogica skin perfect primer
Skin primers were the best-kept secret amongst makeup artists; however, over the years it has become a staple product in almost every woman’s handbag.
So what do primers do? Well primers
- Provide a base on which the rest of the makeup can be built upon.
- Some are iridescent giving the skin a shimmery, light-reflecting surface.
- Primers, also known as a pre base, can be mixed with foundation to create a sheer finish.
- Primers provide protection from UVA and UVB rays.
- It increases the longevity of the makeup application.
- Temporarily lifts and tightens the skin.
- Tinted primer products can color correct skin tones.
- They brighten and smooth the skin tone.
- Mattify the skin and prevent oily break through.
My quest was to find the best primer available, and my decision is none other than the Dermalogica Age Smart skin perfect primer SPF 30. After using the primer my foundation was applied with ease, it left my face looking porcelain and flawless. Although it was matifying I still managed to maintain a healthy glow on the face.
As far as price point is concerned, it was more expensive than the other primers I tried; however a little goes a long way.
After seeing the overall look of the makeup, it was worth every cent.
I will definitely recommend this product to ladies that are starting to notice the appearance of line lines, the primer fills them with a noticeably even, smooth surface.
According to Dermalogica, the
- This is a makeup primer, sunscreen and treatment for aging skin in one.
- Stimulates collagen production to increase skin firmness.
- Has a silky feel and provides a smooth surface for a “soft focus” effect.
How to use
- After applying your moisturizer, smooth and blend over the entire face ad throat. Can be worn alone or underneath makeup to extend wear.
- Can be blended over the skin with finger tips, or applied with cosmetic sponge.