How to whiten teeth naturally
No one wants a yellow smile, and if you haven’t noticed yet, the smiles have become whiter and whiter over the years, almost to the extent that they have started to look fake. Whiter teeth however, is not just a fashion trend, more than that it is a sign of dental hygiene.
So, why do teeth yellow? There could be any number of reasons, smoking, the food we eat and drink, genetics as well as poor oral hygiene can all play a role.
People spend thousands to ensure that their pearly whites are in sparkling condition, here are a few ideas on how you can whiten teeth naturally.
- Make a paste using baking soda and a little lemon juice or water. Using a tooth brush apply the paste to the teeth and leave on for a minute. Rinse thoroughly. If you are going to do this daily, I recommend that you alternate the lemon juice with water each day.
- Make a paste using strawberries, salt and baking soda. You will need 1-3 strawberries, a pinch of salt and half a teaspoon of baking soda. Mash together and apply to teeth for 3 to 5 minutes. Once the time is up, rinse thoroughly.
- Another method involves using coconut oil. Each morning take a tablespoon of oil and swish it around in your mouth for about 5 minutes. Rinse thoroughly. This method will not only help with whitening your teeth but also assists with freshening breath.
- Apple cider vinegar may also be used however be cautious not to over do it. Apple cider vinegar is very acidic, frequent use may lead to damaging of the enamel.
- Eating crunchy vegetables may also help.
- Don’t forget to floss regularly.