Being under lock down for the extended period has made it extremely difficult for most people to get to their beauty treatments. Getting your favourite store bought mask is definitely not on the cards either. So I decided to use my education and explore some natural options. Simple to make using ingredients that we have at home, yet effective. This blog focuses on DIY Mask for glowing skin.
This is the first part to my series of DIY masks.
DIY Mask – Glowing skin
- 1 tablespoon natural plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
Add the ingredients together to make a paste.
Apply onto face using a brush. Leave on for 20 minutes. Rinse with warm water, pat dry. Apply moisturiser.
Why use Yogurt?
- Natural yogurt has lactic acid, when applied to the skin it may help to remove dark and dead skin cells.
- Yogurt contains zinc which can aid in reducing skin inflammation.
- Yogurt helps to moisturise the skin, fight acne, helps prevent premature ageing as well as reduce discolouration.
Why use Honey?
- Honey is packed with antioxidants.
- It is antibacterial.
- Honey opens up skin pores assisting in getting rid of blackheads.
- Honey is moisturising therefore helps with dry skin.
Why use Turmeric?
- Turmeric has antibacterial properties.
- It is anti inflammatory.
- Turmeric helps even out skin tone.